Bit of a different blog post today but I am really happy with how these turned out so I thought I’d share.
I picked up some eggs from my Uncle’s rescued chickens so I decided to make some Banana Muffins. This recipe uses soya milk and gluten free flour but can be adapted to taste.
- 2 Cups of Gluten Free flour
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Soft Sugar
- 1 Heaped tablespoon of Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 Free Range Egg (or egg replacement)*
- 1/2 Cup of Soya Milk
- 1 Cup of Soya and Almond Yogurt
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Handful of Walnuts
- Maple Syrup
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar,baking powder) in a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine egg, milk and yogurt.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture an mix until combined.
- Chop banana and walnut and stir into mixture.
- Place two spoonfuls each in 12 paper cases, top up if necessary. Drizzle Maple Syrup on top to taste.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius (180 fan oven) for 25 minutes.
And there you go easy as pie (or cake in this case) Enjoy!!
*I wouldn’t normally use eggs because I don’t agree with how chickens are treated but my uncle’s chickens have a good life 🙂